Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gears, Games & Tea

I'm sorry I didn't update on Monday, I was busy co-hosting the inaugural Gears, Games & Tea gathering in the Crazy Wisdom Tearoom! It's a steampunk and board games night that my boyfriend Greg decided to spearhead, and since I work at Crazy Wisdom, I've been helping. 

We had a good number of people respond that they'd be coming on the Facebook event page, but in the end it was only 5 of us who showed up. That happened to be the cap amount of players for the game The Impossible Machine, a quick and easy to learn card-based game that I got for my birthday a few years ago from gaming friends, so it worked out. We got in two rounds before the tea room closed, and I think we all enjoyed it.

The awesome people in the tearoom also came up with a special tea blend just for us. It has been dubbed the Monacle and will probably be making future appearances as we have decided to make this a monthly occurrence. 

So if you have nothing to do on the first Monday of the month (next one is November 3rd), come on down to the Crazy Wisdom Bookstore and Tearoom from 7pm to 9pm for some steampunkery and board games! One young gent brought a steam engine and has promised us a demonstration next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment