Thursday, September 17, 2015

Guilty Pleasures

In case you weren't aware, one of our cherished community burlesque performers Luna Legare, mistress of the tease, puts on regular shows in the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area. Greg and I attended the Guilty Pleasures: Feeling Hot Hot Hot show at the amazingly tasty Bona Sera Cafe in the heart of downtown Ypsi about two months ago. (The basement is available for shows and is complete with its own bar.) 

It was phenomenal! Possibly the best performance I've seen yet this past year. The host was celebrity comedian James Pequignot, husband of one of the dancers. He was funny! Reminded both Greg and me of John Hodgeman from the Daily Show. (And me of my friend Will, who also reminds me of John Hodgman in looks and occasionally humor.) 

My new favorite dancer Dusty Bahls was also there! Really bummed he won't be back for Guilty Pleasures LIVE on Saturday, September 26th (mark your calendars!!). Celebrity comedian James Pequignot will be reprising his role as host, though. This next show will also feature Cruel Valentine (keep an eye on her, she's good), Florence of Alabia (gotta love that name), Gala Delicious, Miss Kitty Bourree, and more! (Those are just the names I recognize and love.) 

Only $15 at the door for what promises to be a terrific show! See your there. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment