Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Things to do This Holiday Season


Things are still super busy with trying to get the house in order (we still haven't even finished painting), gearing up for the holiday season at the day jobs (remember Christians, if you don't spend at least 3/4 of your monthly income on presents, your family will hate you forever and Jesus won't let you into Heaven), plus I am participating in NaNoWriMo, which means a few hours a day are being devoted to writing a novel. 

I've written a few novels before, but NaNoWriMo has proven to be an interesting challenge that is stretching my usual techniques. I've learned a lot more about my writing, my habits, and broken out of some limitations I place on myself. And I feel pretty good! (Now that my mono has gone back into remission. Sleeping 18 hours a day was a big hindrance to writing.)

So rather than a full update on the house, for example, here are a few holiday activities you can participate in this end of year season.
  1. Monday November 23rd, 9pm to 2am Factory's Fall Formal at Necto in Ann Arbor
  2. Friday December 4th, Midnight Madness Downtown Ann Arbor
  3. Friday December 4th, 6pm to 10pm  KindleFest in Kernytown Ann Arbor
  4. Saturday December 5th, 5pm to l0pm Noel Night in Midtown Detroit
  5. Friday December 11th, 5pm to 8pm Belle Isle Holiday Stroll on Belle Isle in Detroit
  6. Saturday December 12th, 11am to 7pm and Sunday December 13th, 12pm to 6pm DIYpsi Indie Art Fair in Ypsilanti
I know there's a lot of other stuff going on, but that is what is on my calendar. So it looks like December will be just as busy, or probably busier than November. Sigh.

And don't forget to post #GiveaBook on Facebook and Twitter so Penguin Random House will donate a book to a child in need!


No comments:

Post a Comment