Thursday, August 3, 2017

Ohisashiburi! (It's been a while.)

I had started off this year ready to throw myself into my writing, then January 20th happened, and my focus shifted dramatically. Countless times I have sat down at my computer wanting to update this blog, and I just didn't know what to say. There are so many hashtags... Here's a summation: #resist

January 1st also marked my ascension to Book Inventory Manager, which has turned out to be a lot less fun than it had sounded when I accepted the position last fall, and that is a little weird because it didn't involve doing much more than I was already doing, I just got pulled into a lot of unnecessary drama that has taken a toll on my soul. I have spent many days this year in some very dark places... #bummer #dramallama

July of 2016 found me and my now-husband, then-fiance, Greg headed to Motor City Steam Con (you may have read about this on my bio page) as guest authors and panelists. We went again this year and fully intend to be involved next year! For me, it's a fantastic weekend of geeking out with fellow writers, making connections, and reinvigorating those writing juices. #alwaysbewriting

At the first MCSC, Greg and I made a fantastic friend with fellow steampunk writer P. R. Chase, who has a story in Valves & Vixens III. It turned out that he read my story "The Waiting Future" in V&V I, and was so inspired that he submitted to V&V III! Pretty cool, eh? And now he's a great friend and inspiration to me, so yeah, it's pretty fantastic really. #writingbuds

Since taking on editing responsibilities in addition to writing for the Crazy Wisdom Community Journal, and now with the added inspiration of this year's MCSC, I've decided to begin self-publishing. I have some great writers working on stories for an anthology I'd like to put together, and in order to get in practice with the whole self-publishing thing, I'm going to try with a collection of my own poetry. You might be thinking, "Isn't that expensive?" And the answer is, I really don't know the cost yet in terms of dollars and cents, but I already have a pretty good sense of the cost to my spirit by not doing it, and it's not a price I'm willing to continue paying. #dontdreamitbeit

So that's where we are. Some great ways to keep up with me are Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Links to all are found on the About Me tab up above. If you'd like to buy the complete collection of Valves & Vixens, here they all are. Aren't they lovely? #buymybooks


No comments:

Post a Comment